Sunday, October 21, 2007

Ambongdolan Caves!

As promised, sir B =) and sir Wil (hehehe) here is my initial entry about the Ambongdolan Caves. But because I am so tamad at this point in time, I just copied this entry from the website of Tublay (pardon me!hehe...). Below are brief write-ups about two of the famous caves in Ambongdolan. I am not sure of their correctness pero I can't edit it saka na lang ako blog ng own version ko pag sinipag..hehe. I don't know why they only posted these two but there are many others pa. I don't have any pictures of them at hand as I have yet to go home and take pictures of these caves (kaso due to time constraint I can't go to each of the other caves and take a pic, one thing more wala po ako camera, nanghihiram lang...hehe). Anyways, enjoy the patikim....


Tourist Spots in Tublay

The municipality of Tublay have existing tourism resources specifically located in the barangays of Ambongdolan, and Tuel. There are also potential tourism resources for development, which can be located in all the other barangays.

BENGAO-NGAO CAVE:

Bengaongao connotes noise. The cave was named after the noisy birds that thrive inside. It is also a sanctuary for the bats. This is located in barangay Ambongdolan. The cave offers beautiful sceneries inside. Over the years, stones were formed with different shapes like tables, plates, etc. with glitters. The stalagmitesare eye catchiong. The stalactites hang freely like silk cloths.

It is believed that the cave once served as a hiding place of the Japanese soldiers or Filipino guerillas during world war II.

Here is a picture of the stalagmites and stalactites of Bengaongao cave.


PATERNO CAVE:

This cave was named in memory of Pedro Paterno, the Cabinet Head under the presidency of Aguinaldo. This served as his hideout during the Filipino-American war in the late 1900's. This cave is rich in marble.








1 comment:

Wil said...

Looking forward to more posts on these caves. :D