Monday, October 01, 2007

what a day!!!

SURPRISESǃ SURPRISESǃ

“As the clock struck midnight…” (sounds familiar, huh?). What does this line from the famous Cinderella fantasy movie got to do with my blog? (Read on…)

Anyways, last night as I sat in front of my computer musing, taking a break from what I was doing, I got a surpriseǃ It may sound absurd or trivial to some but who cares…hehe. As I was in the mode of thinking as my hands tap on the keyboards mindlessly (naglalaro kc ako e…break nga d ba?hehe…). My sisterhood (d twin ates&sar) sat themselves right behind me and serenaded meǃ What for? It’s my birthdayǃ Yes, I was elated because of their thoughfulnessǃ Thanks mga kasisteran. I also received greetings from all over…thanks to technology… (thru texts, chikka, ym and blogs). Thanks also for those who greeted me earlier on, who might have forgotten the date…hehe. Salamat ng marami sa lahat…

Instead of the usual ‘good night’ messages I get from text friends, I received hapi bdays of all sorts…thanks ya’ll guys…as if that is not enough, when I entered our room at around 2am, my room mate played a recording of herself singing me a happy birthday and wishing me all the best…haaay, I slept with a smile on my face after thanking the good Lord for the dayǃ When I woke up, I have a message from my mom and I got a call from my tita who’s working overseas…as well as from pipz all over…yun lang masaya na akoǃ

“I am thankful to the Lord that He has taken me thus far and I don’t know where and what greater heights He will lead me to but where He leads me I will go.”

Thank you all for your prayers. Here are a few prayer itemsː

  1. Strength, wisdom, and good health as we finish all our requirements for this semester. Pray that we will finish them and submit them on time so that we can go home and enjoy our semestral break.
  2. For me, as I juggle between requirements and duties as a Student Body officer.
  3. Pray for our Mission Trip to Davao on Nov. 6-15, 2007. Pray that God will prepare us and the people that we will be seeing there. It is our first trip (ever) to Davao. Please pray also that we will have enough finance. We have our tickets (round trip) but for other finances we are still raising.
  4. For the source of my brother’s finance for next semester.
  5. Pray that my father and brother would come to know the saving grace of God.

Thank you all again and God blessǃǃǃ

2 comments:

Leah said...

Belated Happy birthday! October din ako! Its good to have friends and family around on special times like this.

I blog at: http://mga-munimuni.com/

Unknown said...

thanks for dropping by leah...gotcha!