Sunday, December 03, 2006

December Update!


This pic was taken during the post bday celebration of Ate Robyn (in red).

Back row (L-R): Meriam, me, Ate Marie, Ate Rob & Ate Sharon Joy.

Front row (L-R): Ate Daphne, Thyra & Ate Doralyn.


I can't believe it!It's already December! Wheew, time really flies.

But for the grace of God, yes for the grace of God, I am still here, alive and kicking. It was a few months ago that I thought to myself that I can't finish my MA studies. (That was during the 3rd phase). But here I am now almost in the middle of the 4th phase!Yes! Although at the onset, I said to myself "I wanna quit" not really quit but give up trying that's what I mean. But then when I shared my sentiments to one of our teachers. Her words of wisdom had lifted me and some other people cheered me up as well. I thank God for them.

So here I am now, struggling yet moving forward with Linguistic Field Methods and hoping to finish the phase (even not in flying colors). I would just rejoice with the mere fact that it would soon end,:). In this subject, we are suppose to produce a very Grammar Sketch of a certain language we are assigned to. This is kinda hard for me (as well as to most of my classmates which is a good thing for me knowning that I'm not alone :). Isn't that narcissistic or sadistic?Well, I (and some others in class) was assigned to analyze the Hakha Chin language of Myanmar. Learning the language is FUN but ANALYZING it is another story. Specially so on my part that that is my particular weakness: analysis (it includes Math, Trigo, Stat and all that). Waaaah!

But as I mentioned earlier, it is only by the grace of God that I am able to do these things. I thank God for His grace and marvelous works in me. For letting me see His beauty in all these.

In a few days time, we will be having our Christmas break which I will be enjoying very much (with my Hakha data with me , of course, along with my phonological and morphosyntax books :),). Praise the Lord for He has allowed us to experience the joy of His birth this season as well, as give the grace to be able to do things for our academic requirements.

Thank you for praying along with me for the following:
1. AGS Family Camp on Dec. 14-16. That I could attend it with the rest of the other memebers of the AGS family.
2. Our Annual Youth Camp to be held at Taloy Christian Fell. Church on Dec. 26-29, 2006.
3. For the wedding of our housemate (Thyra to Don) on December 20, 2006. That their needs be provided for the wedding as well as when they come back here in Manila as newlyweds. Thyra will continue her studies here at AGS and Don will start new minsitries with different churches as the Lord leads him to them.

4. That I will do my planned work plan this Christmas break, :). My assignment for Linguistic Field Works, visitation (family and friends) ,and attend camps.

No comments: