Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Literacy Class...is it worth it or not?

March 14, 2007

At the onset of this class, I thought "What good would this course give me?" I don't really have a good attitude towards this class especially that...well never mind. But then, it made me think that it is also really needed especially when I think of my own barrio or barangay. People needs to be literate in order to function well in the society. Yes, they do speak our vernacular language but what about in the area of learning, communicating with other people especially so from other places. How about the deamnd of being competent in this modern world. How would we be able to cope up with the fast chaning world that is eading towards economic progress (if there is) and globalization? What can I do so that my people will not be left behind? These questions and many led me to think of starting to learn about my own lanaguage and thinking as well of the importance of literacy in my line of minstry which is Bible Translation. More to come. Have to go back to class pa kc. Please leave your comments and profound suggestions and ideas. Thank you. God bess you all.

No comments: